This is a permanent position for someone to work in a Technical Support and Projects Environment. The ideal candidate will have a good and broad understanding of network infrastructure and technology. They should have good troubleshooting and problem solving skills as well as a positive helpful outlook when dealing with Customers. The successful candidate will join an existing team of people with a strong customer focus on resolving the issues logged with us and delivering projects keeping the clients informed with the status of their incidents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• The role is split between projects and third line escalation.
• Some on site work / Customer meetings may be required from time to time.
• High and low level designs into deployable configurations and workable solutions
• Perform network patching and upgrades inline with network maintenance schedule.
• Managing projects and tasks to ensure they are progressed and in line with agreed SLA targets
• Install Upgrade and Decommission Hardware and cabling in line with company standards.
• Third line troubleshoot / working with vendors and resolve faults and failures with a wide range of hardware.
• Internal and customer project work as required.
• Expert knowledge of networking and security concepts
• Strong troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills
• Knowledge and experience of wireless technologies
o Design in moderate and complex interference environment.
o Understanding architecture differences
o Differences between 802.x standards / amendments
o WLAN RF and Antenna technologies
o WLAN security
o Vendor issues
o Site survey principles and processes
• Experience of networking technologies (Cisco, Juniper, HP)
• Experience and knowledge of security technologies (PaloAlto, Juniper)
• Experience and knowledge of ISP technologies (MPLS, BGP, IPSec, QoS, VLAN, STP)
• Good knowledge of access services (Ethernet, Broadband, L2TP, PPP, LNS, DSL)
• Good knowledge of Internet proxy and cloud security
• Cisco, Juniper certifications would be advantageous
• Understanding of ITIL principles
• Some Linux experience could be advantageous
• Excellent telephone and face to face communication skills
• Good all round troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Good technical communication skills.
• Work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
• Can lead technically during major incidents.
• Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Hold current valid UK driving license and has own transport
• Must be willing to learn
• Must be able to work to company standards
• Must be willing to work an OnCall Rota
25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Annual Bonus Scheme
Private Medical Care
Gym membership with personal trainer option
Childcare voucher scheme